Tulsa Apartment Complex Evacuated Due To Carbon Monoxide – Newson6.com – Tulsa, Ok – News, Weather, Video And Sports – Kotv.com |

TULSA, Oklahoma – A power outage at a Tulsa Housing Authority apartment complex in the 400 block of South Lawton prompted a brief evacuation early Thursday. The Tulsa Fire Department was called to the Hewgley Terrace apartments just before 5:30 a.m. when the building’s backup generator switched on setting off carbon monoxide alarms in the building’s basement. Firefighters began evacuating about 40 residents, but within minutes allowed those residents to return after determining the danger was over. Public Service Company of Oklahoma crews were called and were working to restore power. Officials say a power cable to the building is under concrete and the process to make repairs is expected to take several hours.
For the original version of this article including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.newson6.com/story/26445597/tulsa-apartment-complex-evacuated-due-to-carbon-monoxide

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s