Zane Gbangbola, 7, Who Died At Family’s Flooded Home Suffered Carbon Monoxide Poisoning | Mail Online

A petrol-driven pump was seized from inside the home address at the time of Zanes death and Surrey Police is conducting further inquiries to establish whether there is any liability or criminal offences in respect of the hire company who provided this equipment. The incident happened during the floods which inundated the area earlier this year. Police said an inquest into Zanes death will be held in due course by the Surrey Coroner. In the early hours of Saturday February 8, Zane, his father Kye Gbangbola, 48, and mother Nicole Lawler, 36, were all taken ill. An ambulance was called and all three were taken to hospital. Both Mr Gbangbola and his son had suffered cardiac arrests. Zane died and Mr Gbangbola was left paralysed from the waist down. Mother in tears after being called a ‘slut’ by two customers for breastfeeding her son in Costa coffee He has since launched legal action to discover what happened. Zane Gbangola, 7, died from carbon monoxide poisoning during the winter’s severe flooding in Chertsey, Surrey. Police are investigating whether his death was a result of criminal negligence Vijay Ganapathy, from law firm Leigh Day, who is representing the Gbangbola family, said: We welcome this full post-mortem report, which will form part of the information provided to the coroner when the full inquest into Zanes death takes place.
For the original version of this article including any supplementary images or video, visit


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s